Jello Box Altered Books

Good Day :)

I just wanted to make a quick post of what is on my studio desk today. I have been making Christmas presents like crazy and have not had much time for little 'me' projects...but I did take an art break and make these two little altered box books. I have this BIG LOFTY GOAL to do some sort of art EVERYDAY in 2015. Every single day come rain, shine, sleet, hail, illness, health etc... I know for some of you that is no big thing...but for me it might be. I get...moody...about my art. Sometimes I go for months without making a thing. My participation in G+ communities such as Kraafters Kommunity and Creating and Sharing Mixed Media Art has really helped with my artsy moods. The people in these smaller communities are really kind and supportive. Also, they make great art and have great ideas which the SHARE! If you are a creative soul who struggles with fear, inadequacy, and sometimes loathing of your own art product...I recommend joining in these types of communities for sure! Anyway...on to the ART :)

So for my goal of Art Everyday..I decided maybe a some smaller projects would be advisable for some days. I had these 2 little boxes on my counter left over from making cranberry jello at Thanksgiving, so I decided to make a couple tiny art journals. I could absolutely make a tiny spread even on a black day right?


I had some Gelli printed glossy cardstock laying around that I had tried as an experiment to see if I could use up the crazy amount of this cardstock I have on hand for Gelli printing. I decided to use these as covers. I am not going to go through the steps again as I did this recently for my Round Robin Art Journal post. So here are the glued up covers.


For the inner covers I had some smaller bits of Gelli prints I had cut up and used on other projects...so I just used those. 


I added some stamping and some detail work with a black micron pen and a white gel pen. The stamps are from Stampin' Up! except for that 'create' stamp which I hand carved.


I added in 3 signatures of 5 pages each made from cutting up sheets of a pad of mixed media paper. That makes 30 little spreads of about 5 1/2" X 3" for me to use when I just want to do something smaller. I used the fishing line from the last post to sew in the signatures. I really am liking it as I can even easily cover it with mulberry paper if I want.


I hope you enjoyed this little project. Join me in doing ART EVERYDAY in 2014!
<3 Shel


PS..made more light up tree canvases as people are WANTING them,..


Comments

  1. Love these little journals- I would never have thought of using Jello boxes this way. You go, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win Dinn. I am hoarding all sorts of empty boxes lately. A non-altering-artist would think I am a little crazy :) They might be right.

      Delete
  2. Love the idea, to make small journals for everyday use, and these ones are really tempting to work with them! Great project, will sure check back to see the everyday art :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruth :) I think you do art everyday.. so I wanna be more like you!

      Delete
  3. You're on a roll with your journals and you could totally sell those canvases!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa! I am having fun making journals. Now to just fill all those scary blank pages with colorful art.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)