Pretty Bontanical Wall Clock with StencilGirl® Stencils

Today I am sharing a pretty wall clock that I decorated using some botanical stencils from StencilGirl® Products company. This month the theme for our StencilGirl Creative Team® was 'home decor' and so I thought it was time to pretty up the wall clock in my kitchen. I used these stencils to create my clock face.



First step was to take apart the clock. I gently pried out the clock cover using a thin blade. The I pulled off the 3 clock hands by pulling them from the center straight up. Then I took off the paper clock insert to use as a template for my new clock face. I punched holes in the origional paper instert to mark where each number should go for accuracy of time.


Next I prepped my clock insert for decoration by giving it a coat of white gesso. Then I started to make my printed collage papers using my 6X6 gel printing plate and some acrylic paint colors. I also cut up some deli paper into 6X6 squares for my printing. 


Once I had my printed papers, I attached 4 of them into the 4 quadrants of my clock face using some UHU glue stick. I folded the trimmed edges to the back.


Then I started stenciling some foreground images over the top of my background. I used the large botanical stem as my main image.


And also used the botanical wildflower for a few white stems coming in from the sides. Then I added numbers using the alpha jumble stencil.


To finish everything off, I used some artist pitt brush pens and a white posca pen to crate shadows and highlights around some of the stems. I blended them with a water brush. I also added a few white splatters to the background by flicking the white posca pen.


Then all remaining was to re-assemble the clock and hang it up on the wall.




For an in depth tutorial of this process with lots of tips and tricks, see the video on my YouTube channel here


Thanks! Shel C








Comments