Gelli Jump-Start Journal

It is almost January 1st of 2015!  I am so excited (and a little nervous) to get started with all my art type goals this year! My big goal of course is to DO ART EVERYDAY. I have created opportunities for myself to be inspired by other artists by signing up for some classes and joining up with some other blogger's challenges and swaps. I am doing Lifebook 2015 with Willowing Arts. I have also signed up for Creative Jumpstart with Nathalies Studio. I joined in the Creative Everyday challenge and Art+Java 365 days of art journaling. I signed up for Document Life over at Art to the 5th Academy. I am doing a round robin journal swap and a monthly art tag swap with the G+ community Create and Share Mixed Media. I will be doing the Kraafter's Challenge and Word of Inspiration Wednesday with Kraafters Kommunity. And, we can't forget the Whats on Your Workdesk Wednesdays desk hop party with Stamping Ground! If you have any questions about any of these...links are in the sidebar ~> ~> ~>

To help myself out with some art things to do everyday...I made myself a Gelli Jumpstart Journal.  I was inspired by Kathy Parrish and her video she did for Cloth, Paper, Scissors. I often suffer from what she calls 'white paper syndrome'. Symptoms being staring blankly at a white page and drooling for hours :p I made my journal the same way as I made the one for the round robin swap here. I just used Gelli prints to cover it and to make the signatures.


 I didn't take photos during the making of the journal or the big Gelli print party I was had..but here are photos of every page! Believe me, it took me longer to edit them then it will for you to look! 





As you can see...no to monoprints are ever alike! I guess that is why they are called MONOprints :)
I hope you enjoyed my project. <3 Shel



Comments

  1. good golly I am tired after reading all you will be a part of in 2015 - but also VERY inspired. I am glad to be a part of the ride with you and can not wait to read all about it here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather:) I know right? Am I crazy...I hope I can keep up. But it all sounded SO FUN!

      Delete
  2. WOW...this is amazing and I love your prints...I love the thickness of the journal...going now to check out your process...awesome stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica :) I start to Gelli print then I can't stop!

      Delete
  3. Oh WOW ..... your pages look brilliant!!! How many pages in your book? I am looking forward to seeing what you do on these pages. And I have a question - how do you make time to get involved in all of these groups? I am retired and have nothing else to do and cannot even imagine doing all that you do. You go girl!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane :) I may have joined too many activities. But, I do stay home. I am sole caretaker to Patrick who is in chemotherapy at the moment. So either I am in the studio or making him food or something. The rooms are side by side. I could go crazy of boredom or worrying if I didn't have art!

      Delete
  4. I think I may have over-committed myself for 2015 too! LOVE those prints! And so many of them - a real feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zsuzsa :) Yeah, I am a bit worried I might not keep up the pace. But I think I can and I am excited to try. I couldn't say no to anything..it sounded too fun!

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow - this is truly delightful - you're going to have a bang-up creativity year, Shel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Win :) YES.. I am ready to go at it full steam ahead!

      Delete
  6. I am so excited to see all the masterpieces you create! The journal is gorgeous.
    - Kara Beth (Art+Java)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kara Beth :) I will be showcasing them..well..everyday I hope :) In your 365 days of art journaling group. Wish me luck lol

      Delete
  7. great jumpstart, and how ambitious of you and all those challenges.If you're up for one more, I set up a FB group called ARTicles (this is my challenge for 2015) come and have a look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)