WOYWW #288 - A Mess of a Desk

Hello All,

Some days ...maybe half of the days I work in my studio...I clean up as I finish each project. However, during the month of December and all the craziness of making gifts...there is no way I clean up. I am sure I am not the only one who feels the pressure of just getting things DONE and OUT THE DOOR during the holiday season. That is how it was for me this week. My Mother surprised us with a last minute trip to a resort somewhere in the mountains of Arizona. That will be a wonderful break from the daily stresses of the month! But it some ways it added more to my plate. The addition of a super week relaxing... is also the adding of pressure to get things done sooner, wrapped, and mailed! So, for Stamping Ground's What is on Your Workdesk Wednesday...what I have ...as you can see....is a mess :)


So, with all that mess..what did I do this week? Well at the beginning of the week I started the process of making these pendants from mini-dominoes. They are done with scans from previous pieces I have done recently. I printed the scans on regular paper in 'eensy weensy teeny tiny' format. Then I cut out those prints and put them on mini dominoes with gel medium. A layer of gel medium went over the top to seal. When that was dry, I sanded the edges smooth and applied alcohol inks to the edges and back. I used some wire wrapped around a triangular stick for bails and glued those on with E600. Then I used ICE resin over the top. Being an impatient person..the hardest thing about this project is waiting in between for things to dry!


Another thing I made this week is the first spread in my mini-albums I talked about in a previous post. Jello Box Mini Albums I wanted to do a quick little page to get my creative thoughts flowing again. I used Heidi Swapp sprays and acrylic paints for color. And a Micron pen and Sakura gel pen for accents.


Then there was the plethora of tags. I certainly need lots of tags for wrapping of Christmas presents that need to get mailed before my trip! So I used scraps to make these. Of course, the fastest thing to do I rubber stamp, so I did. I mounted them on colored cardstock scraps and used Stickles glitter glue for accents.


In addition to these easy peasy tags, I also started my December tag swap tag from the swap I joined in over at Creating and Sharing Mixed Media. What you see below is what I have done so far. The theme is 'RED' this month and I know you don't see much red. But I promise you will when it is finished! 


So, I am off very soon for a week long trip and will not be posting during that time. I hope everyone is having a fun and creative December. Enjoy!
<3 Shel

Comments

  1. Have fun on your trip, Shel! I love all your projects, but especially the dominoes! Great idea to transfer your existing artwork this way. I have a box of tiny dominoes and wasn't sure what to do with them because they are so small, but this could be the answer! Happy WOYWW and thanks for visiting earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great comment Zsuza :) I love visiting your blog as all the projects are in the bright happy style I love!

      Delete
  2. Love all your kitty art! The Christmas tags turned out really cute too. Happy WOYWW! Sandy Leigh #56

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Sandy. I have been in a kitty mood lately. Cats are so full of character sometimes!

      Delete
  3. Very nice tags! The kitties are cute too :-) Thanks for sharing!
    Big Hugs!!
    Reeah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria :) tags are something everyone can use so I felt productive making those lol

      Delete
  4. Hi Shei, great post, loved seeing all your projects and how you did them and glad you're on top of things so you can go off and thoroughly enjoy your holiday, Cheers RobynO#27

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Robyn :) I am enjoying the trip... Just messing around on phone visiting blogs while Mr. Sleeps!

      Delete
  5. Hi Shel - your pendants are gorgeous, as is the art work on your album. I love all the tags, too. The pendants sound very fiddly to make, but the result is great. Have a lovely time away, Chris # 13

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chrysalis :) I intend to make more pendants eventually but more at one time... Like a BUNCH. I had so much resin left over lol

      Delete
  6. Enjoy the mountains. Meow is my fav, but then I am rather fond of kitties. Thanks for sharing.

    Pat #66

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat :) I will pop over to your desk next and see what is up!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Roz. I am having fun and getting inspired here in the mountains. So many interesting rocks and a lot of reds and Browns and tans.

      Delete
  8. Love the kitties for the mini album. You are so prolific. The dominoes are great. Sure they will be a huge success

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monica :) I was in a whimsical kitty mood and they wanted to come out and play :p

      Delete
  9. I loooove your domino art, its superb
    Bridget #36

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bridget :) I am glad they turned out well and plan to make more. Well as many as are still left in the box lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)