Mixed Media Holiday Greetings - Save Your Scraps!

Hello My Friends :)

I have some mixed media holiday cards to share today. I made all 10 of these with the leftovers from a art journal page I did in my #NaNoJouMo challenge this month. Here is the video I am referring to:


Twas the day before Thanksgiving and all through the house was the smell of pumpkin pie cooking and stuffing about...but where was the woman who was tending this food? In the studio of course..improving her mood :) She gelli printed her page and she die cut some flakes..she sprayed with shimmer and glued them post haste. But what were left on the table and floor? Tons of scraps to be used for much much more!


So here is the pile of left overs soon to be transformed :)


The first thing I did was a little collage. I used the leftover scrap of text tissue paper with snowflakes cut out and put that on the roll off paper from the gelli printing I did in my journal. I used Decoarts Deco-page too apply it. I also threw on a vellum snowflake but it is hard to see.


I set that to dry and then got out my sticker making devices and made many of my scraps into stickers. I thought this would help with the curled vellum issue I had from spraying the vellum with Tattered Angels glimmer mist..lol


I peeled my stickers and attached the bits and bobs to cardstock scraps. That yellowish looking one in the upper left corner is actually silver metallic...terrible lighting this time of year!


My roll off paper was dry now so I cut it up into card sized and mounted it on smooth white cardstock.


On some of my sticker scraps I used my fine line white Uni Posca paint pen to add outlines and highlights.


On others I used a Indigo Pitt artist pen to create shadows.


I added some die cut letters laying around my desk to one of the roll off backgrounds. These are from a Tim Holtz alterations die..one of the long ones with the whole alphabet. When you punch out the letters you wanted...all the rest are still there!


Then I used a snowflake punch from Stampin' Up! and added a black punched square to the card.


Next I got out a bunch of sentiment stamps I have from Stampin' Up! and added greetings to the rest of the cards. Some of them got bows with shimmer organza ribbons.


Some snowflakes got Stickles glitter glue. Some got more spritzes and spatters of Tattered Angels glimmer mist.


And there you have them...10 mixed media greetings for the holidays!




I hope you enjoyed my cards. Leave me a comment if you did! 
<3 Shel






Comments

  1. Snowflakes are my favorite. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy 😀 snowflakes are a favorite of mine too.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous prints and cards! Like how you used both the negative and positive cut-outs as well! Not a scrap goes to waste! Loved the little rhyme too! :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Zsuzsa 😀 Thise scraps were just too darn pretty to waste ! Thanks for enjoying my silly rhyme lol

      Delete
  3. Oh Shel, what a FABULOUS post and what incredibly beautiful cards you created! Thank you for sharing... You make me wish all my gelli plate stuff wasn't already packed. By the way... I am moving slightly closer to YOU and I am soooo hoping that One day we WILL meet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am glad you liked the cards +Scrapbook Lynne! If would be awesome to meet and have a art playdate!!!

      Delete
  4. What fabulous use of all those odds and sods that are left from creating. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you +Win Dinn :) They were just to pretty not to use!

      Delete
  5. OMGoodness such a fun time you had! I love the story told, it made me feel glad!!
    teeheehee You got me in the mood, I had to go with it!
    Dear Shel, fabulous makes from your scraps, so happy you shared! And what is this sticker machine about> Do tell me more-as I always have scraps,all over my floor!
    Hope your thanksgiving was wonderful! I am blessed to have met you and grateful to call you my art sister!
    Love & hugs,
    Jackie
    (kampysgirl)(@)(gmail)(dot)(com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay +JackieP Neal..another poet on the spot :) I am glad you enjoyed my silliness and my cards. I have a machine that you load with stikypaper made by Zyron. I think I got it at Michaels store maybe? You just stick the pieces in one side and roll the handle and it comes out the other side like a sticker that you can peel off the backing and stick on stuff. Only thing to remember is which side goes up into the machine..LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)