It is Really Me - My 4X4 Canvas for Canvas Corp Brands

Hi Friends :)

I am sharing a project today that I really think represents me and my style. Those of you who follow me know the story about what my family says... 'I can make anything'. And I do ...I am all over the place! I keep trying new things and blending them with old things. I do challenges and collaborations that push me out of my true comfort zone. I like to expand my artsy knowledge and skills whenever I can. But.... Canvas Corp Brands Creative Crew asked me to make a 4X4 inch canvas that represents ME and my personality. So..this is what I came up with!




I started out with some collage on the background using some Canvas Corp brands printed tissue as well as some music tissue and book text from my stash. 

Then I applied varied bright colors of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists using the plastic piece inside the sprayer as a brush. I blended the colors with white gesso and my finger.


Next I created the focal image by cutting  varied Canvas Corp Brands papers and fabrics into heart shapes. I used more Glimmer Mists to color up the hearts. The paper packs they sell always have a variety of printed cardstocks, corrugated paper, burlap and canvas fabric. They are so fun to use. Even the words came from a sheet of scrapbooking paper from 7 Gypsies.
I finished up the detailing on the canvas using my trusty and well loved Posca pens from Uni. Can't go wrong with those!


I had a lot of fun making this project and I really think it shows who I am... or maybe who I want to be. Colorful, bold, a little topsy turvy and unpredictable with layers of texture ;)






Glimmer Mist Colors Used - Its Yellow (starter kit primary) Its Orange, Party Pink, Turquoise Blue, Moss (from starter kit bringhts) Dragonfly (from calendar kit cruisin) purple, Lime Light, Cherry,
Amethyst.

If you love my canvas as much as I do..leave me a comment!
Shel <3

Comments

  1. I love your canvas Shel!!! I can see how it totally represents you, all heart and lots of heart in all you do!!! Of course I see purple on it, Yay!!!! hehehehe hugs, patty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty :) of course there must be purple! Lol

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous Shel and I can see you all over this canvas!! Fabulous depth with those layers!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you +Jackie P Neal :) I do love me some bright colors and texture!

      Delete
  3. Amazing how much you can put on to such a small canvas and yet not overwhelm it. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you +Lisa Conway :) I was kind of amazed it worked out so well. When I opened the box with the canvas I thought to myself 'dang that is SMALL' lol

      Delete
  4. Love your layered hearts, Shel! I think it truly represents you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)