Hello March :) National Craft Month!

Hello Friends :)

I am writing a blog post for March...at almost the END of March. Seems average for me as I spend all my time making Youtube videos these days. But I did want to mention that it is National Craft Month...and also apparently a good month for gel printing everyday! Wow have I been having fun with my various sized gelatin plates printing like a FOOL! So FUN!
    So let me share some of the videos so you can see all the great stuff I have been doing with that plate! This video series will be continuing into April with lots more ideas and information. What kicked it all off???? Birgit Koopsen's challenge on Instagram #birgitkoopsengellichallenge.

Here is the prompt list....


Of course if you missed it for March, you can use it anytime. Plus I will be doing the videos into April and then will be adding more with my own technique prompt ideas.

The first technique happened to be when I was making a video review of the Arteza acrylic paint set so I used them on my gelatin plate and they worked very well! If you want lots of colors to get started with your plate...at a very good price. Use this link please :) Arteza Art Supplies Site




Then the fun started with day 2, 4 & 5 which covers Peek through, texture, ahd crayon resist. I just love resist techniques!


  

Then we continue on with days 6, 7 & 8 that were flower, threads and silhouette



 

And things continued on with the prompts from days 9, 10 & 11 which were packaging, fabric, and paper tubes.



 
And so on... Days 13, 14, 15 were fun with hearts, pigment inks (a little weird) & tissue paper.






 

So the list goes on with a few more videos and will continue on well into or maybe all the way through April. I did want to show you a fun piece I made with some of the gel prints to give away on my channel. I really love it and it will be going off to it's forever home soon.



I hope everyone is having a great Spring! Happy Easter and April Fool's Day all in one!
<3 Shel

Comments