Queen Bee Paper Art Doll :)

Hi Everyone :)

Today I would like to share a paper art doll I made for a fun swap group that I was invited to join by my friend Jackie P Neal. Jackie's Blog Here  I love making art dolls but rarely do because..well you can only store and display so many! But having a swap group gives me great opportunities to make them :) The theme this month was Fairytales and so I picked a favorite from my childhood from a old book called Complete Grimm Tales. The story is named Queen Bee and it is about having empathy for even the smallest of the creatures of earth because everything pays forward in the end. I always loved these sorts of stories..another favorite being the Dr. Suess tale of The Lorax. Hmmm..a Lorax doll would have been fun!


I always like to make my art dolls fully articulated with mini brads at each joint and I like to make the clothes and accessories go all the way around. Even though they are made of paper, they are still fully dressed and can move. This Queen Bee is no exception If she needed another outfit that would be possible too. Maybe a bee costume for Halloween? LOL






Her dress was fun to make and her sting even has some bling! 


I took time making the face and the hair using tones of yellow and orange and copper to match the whole color theme of a bee. 


She also travels with her own home. A bee hive folder made from gel printing honey colored cardstock. 


If you would like to watch the videos of the whole process of making this Queen Bee paper art doll..there is a 2 part series on my Youtube channel.





I hope you enjoy my Queen Bee! <3 Shel












Comments

  1. Shel!! She is absolutely FABULOUS!!!! Who was the lucky recipient?? What a gorgeous doll and I just love her hive/skep! Every inch of her and her outfit are truly remarkable! you really rocked this theme! So glad you are playing!
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie :) Naomi was the recipient for this doll. She sent me an Alice doll with a cheshire cat :) I love Alice in Wonderland too! Thanks for reading my blog. Since I started focusing on Youtube videos I don't think many read this anymore LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)