An Update Just in Time for Spring

Hello Friends :)

My Youtube channel is growing so strongly and consuming so much of my time that I rarely have a moment to update my blog! I know..I should be doing better with this poor neglected piece of the internet... but I just seem to get overwhelmed with making video footage, editing videos, and uploading them. So, for my almost time for Spring blog update..I will post some of the projects I made on video recently :)

Our Facebook group Pick A Stick Challenge has grown in activity and members rapidly since January 2019. I mean..huge amounts of fabulous art journal pages and artist trading cards being posted in the group inspired by the one word randomly drawn prompts! Here are my January and February art journal pages made using the challenge.









Another group I help manage is the Art Joy of Sharing Facebook group and in 2019 we asked a few other Youtube artists to join in making monthly videos to support our viewers and friends in their artistic activities. My most recent video is everything you needed to know about gesso...from basics to more advanced techniques. There will be more basics videos throughout the year, as well as other challenges.

 

This year I have been really interested in the moon cycles..sharing this interest with other members of my family. We have been watching the moon and seeing where and when it comes up and learning all about the stages. One thing that really interested me is that the full moons each month have names that were given to them historically.  I decided to use this idea to make a monthly video series of full moon inspired art. I also started a Facebook group called Full Moon Inspired Artwork to support anyone else who might want to join in. Here are the first two moon artworks I have so far. 








This series will continue on through all 12 full moons of 2019 using all sorts of different media.

I am also serving on a new design team this year for my friend Gina Ahrens. She designs fun stamps, stencils and digital images and sells them in her Etsy shop. Here are a couple of the projects I have done using her products.







This is just a small portion of all that goes on in my art universe! I am participating in several collaborative projects with different Youtube artists all throughout the year. The next project going live on March 1st so keep watching! I livestream every Thursday on ART Joy of Sharing LIVEstream channel with Peg Robinson.. so I encourage you to pop in over there! Come on over to my Youtube channel and see what else I have going on :) Or follow me on any of the social media platforms

<3 Shel C








Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)