September StencilGirl® Creative Team Project - Dress It or Wear It

Hi Friends,
I told you in the last post that I was super excited to share my fun project for the StencilGirl® Creative Team theme 'Dress It or Wear It'! Well here it is :)




All these fun fabrics making up the witch dress started as just plain white muslin. I know..amazing right??? I used StencilGirl® Stencils and Decoart So Soft Fabric paints and I just stenciled to my heart's content on that white fabric. Then I drew myself a little pattern for a witchy dress and cut and sewed them up! The hat is made from black cardstock with a little stenciling as well. My big plan is to decorate my small dress form for each season...we shall see if I really get that done..but its a fun idea!

So where did the little dress for come from you ask? Well I believe you can buy them maybe at Hobby Lobby or someplace..but you know how I hate to trow things in the landfill..so I 'upcycled' it. It is made from a kleenex box, a paper towel tube and a soap bottle. I glued the pieces together with hot blue and then paper mache' over the top. My top layer of paper mache' was done with tissue from a sewing pattern which I thought was very appropriate!


So do you want more info? Do you want to watch it in live action? Come on over to my Youtube channel and give the video a watch :)



StencilGirl® blogpost about our projects here - StencilGirl Blog


<3 Shel C




Comments