A Long Time Goal Achieved!

Hello Friends :)

I have always wanted to make it on to a design team for a company that I REALLY love. I have applied for a few big ones and have been declined and so just sort of lost interest. But then..surprise...Peg Robinson and I were asked to team up and be on the creative team for StencilGirl® Products! GOAL ACHIEVED! Most of you know that Peg and I do a lot of collaborating. We have a Youtube livestream channel together and stream each Thursday..so it was not a surprise we were invited as a team. YAY!!!!

So now to the art part... My creative team project for May for StencilGirl®

Peg and I picked some stencils we loved and we thought were perfect for the theme... Abstract/Summer. The stencils were designed by Traci Bautista and they are loose and free and floral! We decided our project should be an art journal page.



I started my process for my Summer art journal page by getting my stencils nice and painty using my gel plates. I love making collage paper this way!


My next step was to collage pieces of my prints onto an art journal page. I love the look of layering different colored stencil prints on top each other. I like to tear the edge so that the different collaged pieces look more organic together. For my focal images I switched it up and used scissors to cut out parts of my prints and layer them over my background.


One of my favorite StencilGirl® stencils that we picked for this month is the Deconstructed Chrysanthemum. It has both the stencil and the mask included. I used both parts to construct another part of my focal image cluster by stenciling directly onto the background instead of collaging. I also used the areas of the Tropical Floral stencil to integrate the background collaged pieces together with more stenciling over the top. 


To finish up and bring everything together on my art journal page, I used pen work with black and white acrylic markers, as well as some shading with a water soluble graphite pencil around and over my focal images. I also made the word 'Summer' trying to duplicate Traci Bautista's writing style.


Be sure to check out my process video for this fun abstract Summer art journal page over on my Youtube channel. There is even a bonus video of ALL the gel printing I did if you love to watch that.. Some people find it very zen :)




Much Love, Shel C



Comments

  1. Congratulations, Shel! Love your page xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE Congratulations to you Shel!!! I could not be more thrilled for you! And for Peg! And I am terribly sorry I never saw your name on FB on my first posting! :(
    You really do deserve to be on the team as your beautiful artwork,using Stencilgirl stencils always is full of color play and beauty. Truly , I ma totally thrilled for you- enjoy it-you deserve it!
    huge hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I read every one :)