Up-Cycle with StencilGirl® to Make Beautiful Gift Packaging

Hello Friends,
Today I am sharing with your some ideas for re-using and up-cycling things you already may have to make beautifully wrapped gifts this season. I always cringe and feel guilty as I see how much paper and bows and ribbons get thrown away each gift giving season. So my family has been trying to reduce waste by saving boxes and bows and gift bags to re-use the following year. I have even been taking it further by using StencilGirl® Stencils to beautiful things that may be thrown away for my packages. Peg and I chose three stencils for our projects this time. 


For the first packaging project I used spray inks and the Leafy Doodle Border stencil to make my own gift wrapping paper out of craft paper that comes in boxes as packaging material.


I used the same stencil & spray to make a belly band and tag for the package after wrapping it in the cute stenciled craft paper. 


The second project was created with a used box that some essential oils came in. As it was just plain kraft colored box I stenciled the entire box using some Dylusions acrylic paints with the Leaf and Clover prints stencil



I like this stencil because you can use the designs on top of each other to add highlight or shadow with a different colored paint. This box can be used again and again and doesn't have to be wrapped. I made a matching tag to tie on the ribbon with a scrap of kraft colored paper as well. 


For the final gift packaging project I used a paper sack that I got from the grocery store produce area with oranges in it. I used a regular dye based ink pad and the Herbs stencil to cover the bag in stenciled rosemary leaves. 


Then I used a piece of cardstock to create a topper for the bag to keep it closed. You can also use the stenciled topper as a tag to write a greeting or the to/from information.


Be sure to check out all the process on my Youtube channel video. You can see it done with my very own hands using these great stencil designs from StencilGirl® Products!



I hope you found my stenciled packaging upcycling ideas fun and useful and you will give them all a try this gift giving season! 
<3 Shel

Comments