It is that time of year...the old year is fading away to the past and the new year's bright horizon is in sight. I want to thank every one of you for a great blogging year! For you support and your kind comments. For your assistance in making me believe in myself and my art. And for your instance that I do have something valuable to share with the community. Thank you..really... THANK YOU!
My last share for the year is a very sentimental mixed media canvas I did for my Mother as a gift. It is a painting of her dog Rocky. He was a long hair dapple dashound. Sadly he passed away this year.. He was a sweet dog and made a big impression on all of our family. Now he is a doggy angel but he is still much missed.
If you are interested in seeing this piece being made...I have a video up on my Youtube channel.
So what is coming for PaperOcotillStudio in 2016? I will be writing blog posts of course! But I am really getting into making videos. I know there are those of you who like my photo step outs ...and I will continue to do those. My challenge has been remembering to take photos as I am also videoing..LOL. I use my iPhone 6+ to do both the photos and the video taping...tricky! So here is a list of 6 things I know I will for sure be doing in 2016 :)
- An exciting new collaboration called the 'Pick A Stick Challenge'. The four of us who encouraged each other this November during the NaNoJouMo page/video a day challenge are collaborating again :) We have named ourselves 'Fab4' and have a new hashtag #fab4creates. At the beginning of each month we will be randomly drawing 10 steps from our inspiration sticks and then each of us will do a page/canvas using these steps. We have formed a Facebook group for those who want to join in with each challenge where you can post your creations!
- I will be designing for 'Canvas Corp'. Makers of the brands Tattered Angels and 7Gypsies. I am still unsure of the exact dates or details of this and I have not yet figured out how to order my supplies from them for this challenge ...but it is on my list to do soon!
- I will be doing art journal challenges each week with 'Colour Me Positive' from Lulu Art. I will do either a step out or a tutorial video for each of these. One a week.
- I will be doing the hashtag events with the Creative Arts Collaboration each month on Youtube. This is where you can search a their hashtag and come up with lots of great videos from all sorts of creative people in the art community of Youtube.
- I have agreed to participate in a group who does video hops on Youtube. This will be where several people make a 10 minute video of something creative and the videos are linked together in a list in the description box so you can hop hop hop from one to another.
- I will be making altered tags every month..love these! Both for the tag swap on the G+ community called 'Creating and Sharing Mixed Media' and for the Tag it Tuesday event on the Cards and more by Sheri blog.
There will be lots of other things for me to do and share this upcoming year...but these are ones that I know of so far :)
My wish for you all this coming 2016 year is that you are happy, healthy and creative! I can't wait to see everything you will be making!